Terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions of business the following expressions shall have the following meaning unless the context otherwise requires:
1.1 “Tenant” shall mean any one or more individuals or corporate entities who will be renting a property or room by us. They will be named on the contract and will be responsible for paying the rent.
1.2 Landlord shall mean any or one individual who is the owner and the decision maker regarding the rental of the property or room.
1.2 “The tenancy” shall mean the entire period that the tenant remains in occupation of the property including any extension or renewal or period of holding over whether by way of memorandum, agreement or otherwise.
1.3 “Rent” shall mean any payment to be made by the tenant or the agent(s) of the tenant for use of the property whether expressed to be rent, a premium or any other form of payment, whether paid directly by the tenant or his agent(s) or obtained from other means such as deduction from the deposit.
1.4“Commission” shall mean the commission or fees 1st property management charge for our services.
1. 5 1st Property Management is the trading name of 1st Property Management and Services Ltd.
1.7 When you enter this site, you agree to our Terms.
1.8 Please read the Terms carefully, and if you do not agree to our Terms, you must not use our site.
2. Our Rights
2.1 You must not copy, modify or republish material and information from our site.
2.2 1stpropertymanagement&services is our registered trademark. You must not use or plagarise with the information on this site.
2.3 We are a letting and property management agency.
• 1st Property is a member of the guild of residential landlords. We regularly update the tenancy agreements. We are not responsible to you and/or any third party for any kind of damage’s, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
Fair Use Policy
• To protect all landlords, and the tenants using our website, we reserve the right to take down any posts/images that are abusive or harmful.
• All images must be a true representative of the property.
• We reserve the right to remove inappropriately high number of viewing requests, or where an advert is older than 6 months from the published date.
3. Your Obligations & Conduct
3.1 By accessing this site, you are responsible for ensuring your system is compatible with this site.
3.2 You must not hack or disrupt our system, or misuse it in any way.
3.3 You must not, in any way, abuse this site, in any form or email
3.4. All landlords must:
- Provide information for which you have lawful authority
- you will only post or make available photographs, video, and other property related information
- the property has a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- the property has a valid Landlord Insurance policy
- the property has a valid Gas Safety Certificate
- the property meets all Electrical Safety obligations
- the property’s windows and doors all lock properly & securely
- everything you provide with the property is safe and in working order
4.1 All designs, graphics, text and other material on this site is the copyright of 1st property management or other third parties. Without our written permission, all alteration, modification and republication is strictly prohibited.
5.1 It is your responsibility alone to ensure all accounts and passwords are kept confidential.
5.2 In order to receive property updates, you will be required to register with us.
5.3 All information provided by you, will be deemed accurate by us unless you inform us otherwise.
6.1 We take no responsibility with regards to adverts and the accuracy of the property adverts on this site.
6.2 Advertising on this site does not guarantee that your accommodation will be rented.
6.3 We may use third party companies to advertise rooms and properties.
When advertising a property on our site, you agree that:
you are the owner/ landlord or a third party who has been authorized by the landlord to advertise and rent the property/room on his behalf on this site. When an offer has been accepted we will need written consent from the landlord authorizing us that you can oversee and manage the property/room on his behalf.
You agree that in your use of this site:
• any information you provide on this site is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (including all personal information, contact details and information related to property listings);
• you will not use 1st Property to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material;
• you will not do anything to interfere with other users’ access to the site;
• you will not copy material from the 1st Property site without our permission.
7. Payment and Services
7.1 Payments on this site are strictly made through paypal. We adhere to paypal terms and conditions. For more information please visit the paypal site.
7.2 If you do not have paypal, and wish to pay through alternative methods, such as bank transfer, or over the phone, please contact our office number.
7.3 If you choose to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the posted pricing and billing terms on this Site.
7.4 Certain aspects of the Service are provided for a fee or other charge. These fees and charges are set forth on this Site. Should you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the pricing, payment and billing policies posted on this Site applicable to such fees and charges, plus VAT or other taxes as applicable. 1st Property Management may add new services from time to time for additional fees and charges, or prospectively amend fees and charges for existing services.
7.5 You may cancel your posting on the Service or the services for any reason within 24 hours.You may cancel your posting on the Service or the services provided by for any reason within 24 hours after the on-line payment for the advertisement and/or such service was made by you. 1st Property Management will pay you a refund of the fee for the cancelled service subject to a valid reason and provided the cancellation notification was received by 1st Property Management in writing during the initial 24 hours after the on-line payment for such service was made by you. No refund will be given when you receive an enquiry for the posting through the Service into your Account, within the initial 24-hour period. No refund will be given if you are found to be an estate or letting agent or posing as an owner of a property without the valid authorisation to rent the property in accordance with the Land Registry.
• 1st Property will require the tenant to pay a Holding Deposit of £200 for a room and £500 for a property.
• The payment of the Holding Deposit confirms that the tenant is committing to rent the property and is also committed to move in to the property on the agreed date.
• Once the Holding Deposit is paid by the tenant, it is the Landlord’s decision on whether to accept the tenant’s application. The Landlord may also wish to follow up on referencing or meeting the tenant.
• The holding deposit will not be returned to tenants who cancel or abandon the property.
Holding deposit will be deducted from the first months rent
Use of the Service
• 1st Property provides a variety of services. Our online services provides a community for landlords and tenants to meet and support one another. This minimises the risks and administrative tasks of transactions, however we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the accuracy of the information supplied on this site or its users.
• Ensure you are satisfied with any and all information provided, and of all individuals you are transacting with before entering into any contract or agreement or making payments directly to them.
• We cannot issue refunds after a listing or reference is commenced except at our sole discretion.
• We reserve the right to add limitations to your activities on our site, including, but not limited to restricting the number of properties you may list on our sites. If we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the 1st Property community or reduce our or another 1st Property user’s exposure to financial or other liabilities.
• We also reserve the right to cancel accounts that have been inactive for a long time. You agree not to hold 1st Property responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of 1st Property taking this action.
All online packages adhere to these terms and conditions on the website. Lettings and management and risk free rent guarantee packages have different terms and conditions, which if you require, please inform us so we can send you the terms and conditions.
Please note that we cannot accept all properties on our risk free rent guarantee, and letting and management packages. For further information, please contact our office and fill out our online valuation form, to see if it can be accepted. However, for all our online services, we can accept any properties that you have agreed to in the terms of this site.
With our lettings and management packages, payment is required on completion of the tenancy not before. Payment is deducted from the first month’s rent once then property has been successfully rented.
For our online packages, payment is due prior to advertisement on our site. Any additional products that you require (such as contracts, featured adverts etc), can be added and paid for once the initial online package has been purchased.
Please note that once you have informed us that you have a friend or family member that would like to rent the property from us, we will give you £100/£200 gift voucher of your choice from a company that offers vouchers. This will be given once we have successfully rented the property, and is only available on our lettings and management packages, and our risk free rent guarantee package. The amount of the voucher will depend on the size and location of the property. For more information, please contact our office.
You can send us a message on the contact us section from this site, with the details of the individual you have recommended. Alternatively, you can call the office, and you will be provided with a reference.
Risk and Information Quality
• 1st Property management cannot make any definite guarantee over the accuracy of any information supplied on this site
• You should take it upon yourself to verify the correctness of all information before entering into any contract or agreement. In particular, please verify the identity of any person to whom you are handing over money.
• Any material on this site, including information/material on our social media accounts, does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for information purposes only.
The charge for preparing an independent inventory and for checking in and out and any additional inspections required will vary depending upon the property involved. The cost of any associated works is borne by the landlord and the appropriate sums will be deducted from rents received to meet the inventory clerks notice. Costs will be given.
In the case of managed properties we will require your authorisation to arrange the inventory on your behalf and deduct the cost in advance at the commencement of the tenancy for this service.
Early Departure of the Tenant
Should the tenant leave the property with or without the Landlord’s consent, prior to the expiration of the tenancy, it is your responsibility to take the appropriate legal action to recover any outstanding rent or compensation from the tenant
Unless otherwise agreed, the rent quoted to a tenant by us on your behalf will be inclusive of all outgoings for which you are liable as a landlord such as ground rent, service charges etc, but will exclude gas, electricity and other fuel charges, telephone, water rates and council tax (or any charge that may replace it) which are payments for which the tenant is in most circumstances responsible for.
8.2 Dilapidations Deposit
It is 1st Property normal policy to obtain a sum the equivalent of one month’s or six weeks rent where possible. As part of the Housing Act 2004 the Government has introduced tenancy deposit protection for all assured short hold tenancies (ASTs) in England and Wales where a deposit is taken. From April 6th 2007, all deposits paid under an AST have had to be protected within 14 calendar days of receipt by the landlord. You will be required to protect the tenants deposit using one of the following three government approved schemes.
• The Deposit Protection Service (The DPS)
Contact number: 0870 707 1707
• Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd (TDSL)
Contact number: 0871 703 0552
• The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
Contact number: 0845 226 7837
1stpropertymanagement is the trading name of 1st Property Management and Services Ltd protecting your privacy.
The contents of this website are private and confidential. Any and all information collected at this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed to any undisclosed third party, unless you have requested/informed for us to do so. Copying or dissemination of this website will not be tolerated. It may also be subjected to legal privileges.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
When you register with us and are signed in, we automatically pre-populate your saved details on contact forms.
Information you give to us, we will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• if you save properties you are interested in or use any of our sharing features, to identify which properties you have saved and shared;
• to contact you regarding services and special offers available to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may unsubscribe at any time;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you, we will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• to anonymously aggregate these details to indicate how many users have saved or shared a particular property, but we will not make available to third parties any personal data relating to which users have saved or shared which properties.
•By filling up the forms in our site, you give us permission for your name, number and email address, to be passed on to the relevant staff member or landlord at 1st Property Management and Services for business and marketing use.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
A cookie is a small string of text that a Website can send to your browser to assist in session-state management or store user information for the purposes of distinguishing your browser from a previous visitor by saving and remembering any preferences or passwords that may have been set while browsing that particular site.
1st Property Management takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit this website.
1st Property Management makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it, including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Furthermore, neither 1st Property Management nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free. Nothing on this website shall be regarded or taken as financial advice.